When Are Your Taxes Due? 2018 Tax Deadlines and Extensions

Do you know when your taxes need to be filed? If you extend, do you know what your new due date is? It’s essential to know when your returns and payments are due to avoid any late fees. Here’s a quick look at all of this year’s deadlines so you don’t miss a thing. If you have any additional questions, speak to a Provo CPA.

Partnership and S-Corp Filing Date

For business owners and partners in pass-through entities—including partnerships and S-corporations—your taxes or a request for an extension must be filed by March 15th. Please note that, even if you extend, you must make a payment on your estimated taxes by this date if you wish to avoid late payment fees.

Individual and C-Corp Filing Date

For individual tax filers and those with an interest in a C-corporation, your due date is April 17th. As April 15th falls on a Sunday and the 16th is a Washington DC holiday, you will have a couple of extra days to file. If you are extending your tax return, you must file a request for extension by this date, as well as make a payment on your estimated taxes due.

Partnership, S-Corp, and C-Corp Extension

If you’ve extend your tax filing for a partnership, S-corporation, or C-corporation, your new due date will be September 17th. If you’re filing for a C-corporation, note that this only gives you 5 extra months to file, as opposed to the 6 extra months that partnerships and S-corporations will receive. If your taxes due are lower than the payment that you made in March or April, you’ll receive a refund for the difference.

Individual Extension

For individual tax filers who filed an extension in April, you will have until October 15th to file your full tax return. If you overpaid on your estimated taxes, you’ll receive a refund for the difference. If you owe additional taxes, you will have to pay the additional amount when you file.

If you have any questions about filing your taxes, requesting an extension, or making an estimated payment on your taxes owed, please speak to a Provo CPA for expert assistance.